[News] Selling the Diebold Proprietary Failure Leads to Antitrust

  • Subject: [News] Selling the Diebold Proprietary Failure Leads to Antitrust
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 16 Sep 2009 11:30:43 +0100
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Antitrust Concerns Swirl Around Sale of Diebold Voting Machines

,----[ Quote ]
| Sen. Charles Schumer asked the Justice Departmentâs antitrust
| division on Monday to investigate the recent sale of Dieboldâs
| voting machines division to a competitor, saying the deal
| raises anti-competitiveness concerns and has âadverse
| implications on how our country votes.â
`----

http://www.wired.com/threatlevel/2009/09/diebold-antitrust

Recent:

Diebold Unloads Beleaguered Voting Machine Division

,----[ Quote ]
| The company announced Thursday that Premier Election Solutions, Dieboldâs
| beleaguered voting machine division, has been acquired by Election Systems
| and Software (ES&S).
`----

http://www.wired.com/threatlevel/2009/09/diebold-sells/

Which licence is best: EPL, GPL or BSD?

,----[ Quote ]
| Debates about the pros and cons of various licences available to free and
| open source software developers often end up generating more heat than light.
`----

http://www.itwire.com/content/view/27436/1090/

Diebold Admits Audit Logs in ALL Versions of Their Software Fail to Record
Ballot Deletions

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.bradblog.com/?p=6995