[News] FCC Enables Ballot Stuffers

The FCC, PTC And Bogus Indecency Counts

,----[ Quote ]
| Three years ago, we wrote about the "roller coaster" of
| indecency complaints to the FCC. Basically, there are very,
| very few indecency complaints, until one particular
| organization alerts its members to all complain at once. What's
| silly is that the FCC is often influenced by this, even though
| most of the people complaining never actually saw the TV
| content in question. What's even sillier is that the FCC
| apparently (very quietly) changed its process to make it easier
| for this group to stuff the ballots.

Broadband stimulus and the FCC's Internet policy statement

,----[ Quote ]
| This week's hoopla over at the Federal Communications Commission focused on
| the launching of a Notice of Inquiry that is seeking comment on a National
| Broadband Plan, which the agency must produce for Congress by February of
| 2010. "If we do our job well," interim FCC Chair Michael Copps told an Open
| Commission meeting audience on Wednesday, "this will be the most formativeâ
| indeed transformativeâproceeding ever in the Commissionâs history."
`----

http://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/news/2009/04/broadband-stimulus-and-the-fccs-internet-policy-statement.ars

Reboot the FCC

,----[ Quote ]
| The solution here is not tinkering. You can't fix DNA. You have to bury it.
| President Obama should get Congress to shut down the FCC and similar
| vestigial regulators, which put stability and special interests above the
| public good. In their place, Congress should create something we could call
| the Innovation Environment Protection Agency (iEPA), charged with a simple
| founding mission: "minimal intervention to maximize innovation." The iEPA's
| core purpose would be to protect innovation from its two historical enemiesâ
| excessive government favors, and excessive private monopoly power.
`----

http://www.newsweek.com/id/176809

My comment to the FCC on DRM

,----[ Quote ]