Re: [News] Microsoft Admits Vista Sucks, Vista 7 Might be Same

____/ High Plains Thumper on Saturday 19 Sep 2009 15:38 : \____

> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>> High Plains Thumper on Friday:

>>> Less than good?  It sucks!
>>
>> Coming from Microsoft, you wouldn't expect the "it sucks"
>> phrase, but it's as close as it gets. :-)
>
> My friends that have purchased laptops with Windows Vista haven't
> been too happy with it.  They bought a new computer, expecting
> sparkling performance over the old one under XP, only finding
> that Vista is a low performing slug.  Yes, they use it, but
> because of the Microsoft applications they purchased with it.
>
> With a company with all the monetary resources that Microsoft
> has, you would think that they would have provided a lean, mean
> high performance operating system that puts the pedal to the
> metal (a US phrase derived from one putting the gas pedal to the
> floor to get going in a hurry) along with the bells and whistles.
>
> Instead, it only performs decently on more expensive, high
> performance laptops.  They purchased the lower end laptops that
> were affordable.  If one wanted to spend money, would be better
> off with a Mac.
>
> Personally, I am not into bells and whistlery.  Hence why I don't
> run compiz fusion.  However, I tried the earlier Beryl in Ubuntu
> on a now low spec PC, and found it to be totally, "Wow!".  As
> Craig Ferguson puts it, "Why this is the greatest thing since
> curly fries!".
>
> Yes, Vista sucks.

KDE4 packaged these nicely.

- --
		~~ Best of wishes

A mathematician is a machine for converting coffee into theorems.
- -- Paul Erdos
Tasks: 140 total,   1 running, 139 sleeping,   0 stopped,   0 zombie