[News] Lily Allen Under Pressure for Reciting Intellectual Monopolies Myths

  • Subject: [News] Lily Allen Under Pressure for Reciting Intellectual Monopolies Myths
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 22 Sep 2009 23:49:07 +0100
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Lily Allen, Don't Apologize To Me, Apologize To Everyone Else

,----[ Quote ]
| If anyone deserves an apology, it's all the people you've been
| blasting with this complaint that it's "piracy" that's somehow
| harming artists, when the actual evidence shows no such thing.
| Plenty of artists have learned to embrace file sharing and
| used it to their advantage, suggesting it's not piracy that's
| the problem -- it's artists unwillingness to adapt and put in
| place smarter business models.
`----

http://techdirt.com/articles/20090922/0310156273.shtml

Googling Juror Prompts Court to Overturn Jury Verdict

,----[ Quote ]
| The trial judge granted the injury victim's request for a new
| trial due to the juror's misconduct and due to the fact that
| the jury was exposed to extrinsic evidence during
| deliberations.
`----

http://pblog.bna.com/techlaw/2009/09/googling-juror-prompts-court-to-overturn-jury-verdict.html

Recent:

Lily Allen: Copying Isn't Alright... Unless It's Done By Lily Allen

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://techdirt.com/articles/20090921/0527456270.shtml