[News] New GNU/Linux Distribution Releases: Parted Magic, Elive, Berry, NST

  • Subject: [News] New GNU/Linux Distribution Releases: Parted Magic, Elive, Berry, NST
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 23 Sep 2009 15:48:06 +0100
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Parted Magic 4.5

http://partedmagic.com/

Elive 1.9.44 development released

,----[ Quote ]
| The Elive Team is proud to announce the release of the
| development version 1.9.44
`----

http://www.elivecd.org/Main/News/elive-development-1.9.44-released

Berry 0.98

http://berry.sourceforge.jp/

Network Security Toolkit (NST v2.11.0)

,----[ Quote ]
| 2009-Sep-22
|     We are pleased to announce the latest NST release:
|     "v2.11.0". This release is based on Fedora 11 using
|     Linux Kernel: "2.6.30.5-43.fc11". The architecture for
|     building an NST distribution has been completely
|     redesigned and engineered. Starting with this release,
|     All system, network and security applications are now
|     included as RPM packages. This allowed us to take
|     advantage of the Fedora Live CD Project for spinning
|     off an "NST Live" distribution. This project will also
|     help make it easier to develop future releases of NST.
`----

http://www.networksecuritytoolkit.org/nst/index.html

Recent:

Torvalds rejects one-size-fits-all Linux

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.pcpro.co.uk/news/246534/torvalds-rejects-onesizefitsall-linux.html