[News] KDE Silk Explained, Amarok 2.2 Reaches RC1, Plasma Plan Laid Out

  • Subject: [News] KDE Silk Explained, Amarok 2.2 Reaches RC1, Plasma Plan Laid Out
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 23 Sep 2009 15:44:28 +0100
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

KDE: Project Silk Should Integrate Web

,----[ Quote ]
| The KDE project's Sebastian KÃgler dreams of a desktop that
| melts, like silk, into the Web. In a writeup to KDE
| developers he promotes Project Silk for better Web
| integration.
`----

http://www.linux-magazine.com/Online/News/KDE-Project-Silk-Should-Integrate-Web

Amarok 2.2 RC 1 "Sunset Door" released

,----[ Quote ]
| As the release of Amarok 2.2 draws closer, the Amarok team
| is pleased to present Amarok 2.2 RC 1, the first and
| hopefully last release candidate before the final release.
| This release contains a few new and improved features,
| mainly concerning podcasts, and fixes a number of crashes
| and other bugs. For a list of the most important changes
| and fixes see the changelog below.
| As always please help us by testing, reporting bugs,
| sending patches and most importantly by enjoying
| discovering music.
`----

http://amarok.kde.org/en/releases/2.2/rc/1

Plasma: Where we are going

,----[ Quote ]
| One of the great things about our semi-annual Tokamak
| developer sprints is that it's a great way for us to
| refocus our energies on the future. By doing so, we make
| sure that the path that our feet are on today is a good
| one. At Tokamak 3, several goals and vision clarifications
| emerged and I'd like to share them with all of you.
`----

http://aseigo.blogspot.com/2009/09/plasma-where-we-are-going.html

Recent:

7 Things You Didnât Know You can Do With KRunner

,----[ Quote ]
| KRunner is one of those KDE applications that people
| generally take for granted. Since it has the same
| shortcut key, Alt+F2, as Gnomeâs Run Application
| terminal, those who have just started using KDE
| generally assume that it is just another version of
| Gnomeâs Run Application terminal. However, it cannot be
| farther from the truth. In reality KRunner is one of
| KDE 4.3âs most useful application.
`----

http://digitizor.com/2009/09/21/7-things-you-didnt-know-you-can-do-with-krunner/

KDE's Project Silk