[News] Early Reviews of GNOME 2.28

GNOME 2.28 - the dawn of a new era

,----[ Quote ]
| Version 2.28 sees the team behind the GNOME desktop
| environment for Linux and Unix warming up for version
| 3.0, scheduled for a March 2010 release. The current
| release continues the tradition of dotting lots of i's
| and crossing plenty of t's, but also brings a new broom
| to a few nooks and crannies.
`----

http://www.h-online.com/open/Gnome-2-28-the-dawn-of-a-new-era--/features/114311

Linux garden gets a new GNOME with version 2.28

,----[ Quote ]
| GNOME 2.28 represents a moderately compelling
| incremental improvement. WebKit-based Epiphany is
| definitely worth a try, and I'm finally starting to
| warm up to Empathy thanks to the bug fixing and user
| interface refinements delivered in this release. The
| enhanced Bluetooth support is also a welcome addition.
| Version 2.28 is a little bit light on new features
| relative to some previous GNOME releases, but that's
| understandable as a lot of development effort is
| currently focused on preparing for the next-generation
| GNOME desktop.
`----

http://arstechnica.com/open-source/news/2009/09/linux-garden-gets-a-new-gnome-with-version-228.ars?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=rss

First Look: GNOME 2.28.0

,----[ Quote ]
| GNOME 2.28.0 is barely out the door and it's starting
| to make its way into distributions, but the developers
| aren't planning any vacations. They already started
| work on GNOME 2.30, which, depending on the
| advancements in the platform, might be crowned as the
| next major release, labeled with the 3.0 version
| number. If the developers aren't happy with the
| progress made, they might wait until GNOME 2.32 to
| apply that version bump. Either way, we will know about
| it by March 2010, when 2.30 will be released. Should
| they decide that it doesn't stand up to their
| expectations, we will probably receive GNOME 3.0 in
| September 2010.
`----

http://news.softpedia.com/news/First-Look-GNOME-2-28-0-122533.shtml

Recent: