[News] Lily Allen Retreats After Trying to Talk for MAFIAA

  • Subject: [News] Lily Allen Retreats After Trying to Talk for MAFIAA
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 24 Sep 2009 23:51:35 +0100
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Lily Allen Distributing Tons Of Copyrighted Music; Blows Way Past Three Strikes

,----[Quote  ]
| It appears that she actually qualifies. Quite directly.
| She's offering music from, among others, Jay-Z, Jefferson
| Airplane, The Specials and The Kinks. Admittedly, it's
| just a quick look around, but it appears many of the
| artists whose works she's distributing for free have no
| connection with EMI. Even if they did, remember EMI was
| recently claiming that it's never authorized MP3s for
| distribution for publicity purposes. Uh oh.
`----

http://techdirt.com/articles/20090923/1409046297.shtml

Some Questions For Lily Allen

http://techdirt.com/articles/20090923/1138026294.shtml

A Teaching Moment For Lily Allen [Update: And *Poof* Goes Her Blog]

,----[ Quote ]
| Update: Wow. In the half an hour or so that I took to
| write this post, Lily erased the blog post where she
| responded (I've got a screenshot if anyone wants to see
| it), and just added a note to Twitter, saying that she's
| shut down the entire blog due to too much abuse. Lily,
| it's not abuse if we're just asking you to rethink your
| positions that appear to not be particularly well thought
| out.
`----

http://techdirt.com/articles/20090924/0241556300.shtml

Recent:

Lily Allen, Don't Apologize To Me, Apologize To Everyone Else

,----[ Quote ]
| If anyone deserves an apology, it's all the people you've been
| blasting with this complaint that it's "piracy" that's somehow
| harming artists, when the actual evidence shows no such thing.
| Plenty of artists have learned to embrace file sharing and
| used it to their advantage, suggesting it's not piracy that's
| the problem -- it's artists unwillingness to adapt and put in
| place smarter business models.
`----

http://techdirt.com/articles/20090922/0310156273.shtml

Lily Allen: Copying Isn't Alright... Unless It's Done By Lily Allen

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://techdirt.com/articles/20090921/0527456270.shtml