[News] TransGaming Gets Half a Million Dollars to Bring Games to GNU/Linux

  • Subject: [News] TransGaming Gets Half a Million Dollars to Bring Games to GNU/Linux
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 26 Sep 2009 23:08:56 +0100
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Intel Invests $500K In 'Gaming On Demand' Dev TransGaming

,----[ Quote ]
| Intel has invested $500,000 in TransGaming, a Canada-based
| company focused on bringing PC games to other platforms
| like Mac, Linux, and -- eventually -- television sets as
| an "on-demand" service.
`----

http://www.gamasutra.com/php-bin/news_index.php?story=25401

Nintendo Emulation w/ Linux! â All you need to know! (and a little more)

,----[ Quote ]
| I have received a few emails asking about emulation on
| the Linux platform.  These questions were mostly by
| Windows users who enjoy running retro titles and donât
| know much about Linux and its thriving emulation scene.
| From being active in many forums I think retro gaming
| is one of the most popular pastimes of the hobbyist
| computer user and I think that mainstream gaming of the
| latest modern titles is moving away from the PC and to
| the consoles, where patches and workarounds are a thing
| of the past with consoles really being âplug in and
| playâ.
`----

http://openbytes.wordpress.com/2009/09/25/nintendo-emulation-w-linux-all-you-need-to-know-and-a-little-more/

Recent: