[News] GNU/Linux Still Ahead of Mac OS X in Areas

  • Subject: [News] GNU/Linux Still Ahead of Mac OS X in Areas
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 27 Sep 2009 21:00:23 +0100
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Linux: My Mouse Ate My Homework!

,----[ Quote ]
| One of the biggest challenges with using Ubuntu on a
| MacBook is getting used to all the "fun features"
| offered by the Synaptics touchpad, especially if you
| have big, clumsy hands like I do.
`----

http://jjinux.blogspot.com/2009/09/linux-my-mouse-ate-my-homework.html

Recent:

Mac computers are restrictive.

,----[ Quote ]
| There are amazing PC laptop computers that you can buy for $600
| comparing to Apple latops that are usually around $1300 and more.
| Apple computers are overpriced, proprietary, restrictive and
| protectionist. This might not be a good direction to be heading
| into. Could Apple prove to be even more restrictive and opressive
| than Microsoft?
`----

http://www.idreamoflinux.com/2009/09/mac-computers-are-restrictive.html

Can Ubuntu 9.10 Outperform Mac OS X 10.6?

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=article&item=ubuntu_karmic_leopard&num=1