[News] X Server 1.8 Planning Has Begun

Proposed Process Changes For X Server 1.8

,----[ Quote ]
| Peter Hutterer, who has been working on the X.Org input
| code for some time and is the developer behind MPX, late
| into the X.Org 7.5 release cycle decided to step up to
| the plate and personally get this important X.Org update
| out the door. Peter is not stopping after X Server 1.7,
| but has already made a proposal regarding the release
| and development changes going forward for X Server 1.8
| and into the future.
`----

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=NzU2Mw

Recent:

X Server 1.7 Has Its First Snapshot

,----[ Quote ]
| It's coming late, but it looks like we may finally see X.Org 7.5 in the next
| month. The biggest component making up X.Org 7.5 is X Server 1.7, which is
| finally getting underway with test releases after its code was frozen earlier
| this week.
`----

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=NzUwOA

X Server 1.6 Lives On With Another Release

,----[ Quote ]
| Originally
| X.Org 7.5 was supposed to be out in April, but it looks like we are still at
| least a few months from seeing this important update that introduces
| Multi-Pointer X and other new features and changes.
`----

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=NzQ4MQ

X Server 1.6.0 Has Been Released

,----[ Quote ]