[News] Qt Gets Fantastic New Features in 4.6, KDE Turns to Lifestyle

  • Subject: [News] Qt Gets Fantastic New Features in 4.6, KDE Turns to Lifestyle
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 27 Sep 2009 21:19:57 +0100
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Cuteness 4.6

,----[ Quote ]
| Seven days after the release of the Tech Preview 1,
| we released the latest stable Windows build of
| Fotowall [1] that was based on Qt 4.6. Somebody could
| argue that this is a bit imprudent. We did that
| because the benefits of the 4.6 release are worth the
| risk of the move!
`----

http://www.enricoros.com/blog/2009/09/cuteness-4-6/

Howto integrate KDE into your life

,----[ Quote ]
| Practical ideas on howto integrate KDE into your
| offline existence
|
| ------------------------------------------------
| Short list
| (for people with short attention span, like me)
|
| 0. Talk to other kde people
| 1. Kde-understanding and/or patient surroundings
| 2. Do not work overtime
| 3. Kde thought-integration
| 4. Prioritize
`----

http://hskott.blogspot.com/2009/09/howto-integrate-kde-into-your-life.html

Recent:

Myriad takes Nokiaâs Schillings

,----[ Quote ]
| Benoit Schillings, who joined Nokia after its 2008
| acquisition of Scandinavian mobile Linux firm
| Trolltech, is to take up his new role on October 1.
| Myriad, created from the merger of Esmertec and Purple
| Labs develops a, er,  myriad of mobile software
| including browsers and Java engines.
`----

http://www.telecoms.com/14735/myriad-takes-nokia%E2%80%99s-schillings

Code Project: create a Qt RSS reader

,----[ Quote ]
| We're going to build a complete application that
| wouldn't take too much additional work to qualify for
| re-distribution as a bona fide open source application.
| It's an RSS reader which allows you to add your own
| feeds, lists the stories on that feed and then lets you
| read those stories within a browser window attached to
| the main application.
`----

http://www.tuxradar.com/content/code-project-create-qt-rss-reader

Community Members Invited To Qt Developer Days 2009

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.kdenews.org/2009/09/19/community-members-invited-qt-developer-days-2009