[News] New Ubuntu Magazine, New Features in 10.10

  • Subject: [News] New Ubuntu Magazine, New Features in 10.10
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 27 Sep 2009 21:28:58 +0100
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Full Circle Magazine: Issue 29 is here!

,----[ Quote ]
| This month, youâll get:
|
|     * Command and Conquer
|     * How-To: Program in Python â Part 3, LAMP Server
|     â Part 2, Virtual Private Networking.
|     * My Story â One Manâs Journey, and Walk With
|     Ubuntu.
|     * Review â Kompozer.
|     * MOTU Interview â Iulian Udrea.
|     * Top 5 â Physics Games.
|     * Ubuntu Games, as well as all the usual
|     goodness!
`----

http://fullcirclemagazine.org/2009/09/25/issue-29-is-here/

Lucid Lynx â What We Know So Far

,----[ Quote ]
| Lucid In Summary: -
|
|     * Stick using Gnome 2.0
|     * âSleek and stylishâ new theme.
|     * Harnessing the power of Upstart
|     * Few new âfeaturesâ
|     * Stable
|     * Bigger better Software Centre replacing, well,
|     everything.
|     * User Interface Improvements
|     * Implement features that weren't able to make it
|     into Karmic (Wine Integration, Gwibber, etc)
`----

http://d0od.blogspot.com/2009/09/lucid-lynx-what-we-know-so-far.html

Misconceptions about Ubuntu Linux

,----[ Quote ]
| Linux has been an emerging operating system for quite
| some time now, but its use has been limited mostly to
| back office servers, embedded devices, and geeks.
| More recently, Ubuntu linux has taken the lead in the
| desktop Linux area. Many enthusiasts hope that Ubuntu
| will revolutionize the way we use our computers.
| Unfortunately, with all the hype there are a lot of
| misconceptions about Ubuntu and Linux in general and
| I thought Iâd take some time to expose them.
`----

http://www.eloquentspace.net/blog/misconceptions-about-ubuntu-linux/

Linux: Gloobus - Quicklook for Ubuntu

http://broadbandforum.in/linux/52700-gloobus-quicklook-ubuntu/

Recent:

[Full Circle Magazine] issue 28

,----[ Quote ]
|     *  Command and Conquer
|     * How-To : Program in Python â Part 2, LAMP Server â Part 1, Networking
|     with SSHFS and Fast Internet With Squid.
|     * My Story â My Linux Experience I and II.
|     * My Opinion â AllMyApps
|     * Review â Tellico.
|     * MOTU Interview â Stephane Graber.
|     * Top 5 â SIP Clients.
|     * Ubuntu Women Interview, Ubuntu Games and all the usual goodness!
`----

http://fullcirclemagazine.org/issue-28/

Ubuntu Weekly Newsletter Issue 157

,----[ Quote ]
| Welcome to the Ubuntu Weekly Newsletter, Issue #157 for the week August
| 23rd - August 29th, 2009. In this issue we cover: Karmic: Feature Freeze in
| place - Alpha 5 freeze ahead, Ubuntu Pennsylvania Open Source Conference,
| Ubuntu Arizona Installfest, Ubuntu Mexico Podcast #1, Ubuntu Georgia UbuCon
| at Atlanta Linuxfest, Launchpad news, Ubuntu Forums news, Ubuntu at
| Parliament of Zimbabwe, Full Circle Magazine #28, Ubuntu UK podcast:
| Slipback, August 2009 Team Reports, and much, much more!
`----

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuWeeklyNewsletter/Issue157

Related:

Weâve made it to twenty!