[News] [Rival] Microsoft Hooks up with Banksters to Control News

  • Subject: [News] [Rival] Microsoft Hooks up with Banksters to Control News
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 27 Sep 2009 22:08:18 +0100
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Citigroup, Microsoft to take on finance website

,----[ Quote ]
| Citigroup has formed a venture with Microsoft Corp to
| compete with Mint.com, the personal-finance website that
| Intuit Inc agreed to buy last week for $170 million (Dh624
| million), people familiar with the matter said.
|
| [...]
|
| After last year's $45 billion bailout, Pandit may have to
| justify the cost of each project, said Thomas Noyes, who
| until 2007 headed Citigroup's international Internet and
| mobile-banking businesses.
`----

http://www.gulfnews.com/business/Banking_and_Finance/10352514.html

Microsoft helps banks do SWIFT business

http://www.itbusiness.ca/it/client/en/home/News.asp?id=54660

Look who the Prime Minister of Kyrgyzstan will meet:

Igor Chudinov is visiting USA

,----[ Quote ]
| Prime Minister Igor Chudinov is visiting USA, governmental
| press service reports.
|
| During the visit I. Chudinov will take part in a work the
| 64th session of UN General Assembly and Climate Change
| Summit.I. Chudinov will meet with leadership of the State
| Department, World Bank, IMF, representatives of Microsoft
| corporation.
`----

http://www.tradingmarkets.com/.site/news/Stock%20News/2542041/

Related:

FNB switches 12 000 desktops to Linux

,----[ Quote ]
| With 12 000 desktops switching to Linux this is very likely the
| most significant Linux and open source implementation in South
| Africa to date.
`----

http://www.tectonic.co.za/view.php?id=1562

Security? - Don't Bank on It

,----[ Quote ]
| A useful article here dissecting what's wrong with the latest version of the
| UK Banking code...
|
| [...]
|
| Since GNU/Linux users tend not to run anti-virus programs, and don't use
| traditional firewalls: does that mean they're always liable?
`----

http://opendotdotdot.blogspot.com/2008/04/security-dont-bank-on-it.html

Secure web browsing through Live Linux distros

,----[ Quote ]