Re: August 2009 browser stats: IE continues its slow decline

____/ nessuno on Tuesday 29 Sep 2009 16:53 : \____

> On Sep 29, 8:45 am, bbgruff <bbgr...@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> nessuno wrote:
>> > <Quote>
>> > Internet Explorer dropped a significant 0.71 percentage points (from
>> > 67.68 percent to 66.97 percent) and Firefox moved up a sizeable 0.51
>> > percentage points (from 22.47 percent to 22.98 percent). Safari
>> > remained steady at 4.07 percent while Chrome once again moved further
>> > away from Opera: it gained a worthy 0.25 percentage points (from 2.59
>> > percent to 2.84 percent).
>> > </Quote>
>>
>> http://arstechnica.com/microsoft/news/2009/09/august-2009-browser-sta...
>>

>> > The numbers depend on who is measuring them.  Ars Technica themselves
>> > show Firefox leading all contenders, with 45% share.
>>
>> You are clearly a ranting idiot.
>> I have it on the *very* best authority that this sort of thing can never
>> happen, viz:-
>> ===============================
>> *QUOTE*
>> Yeah, sure!
>> Sure they have a better browser and the only reason that 96% of the
>> world doesn't use it is that they are too lazy to download it and give it a
>> try! LOL!!!
>>
>> The real reason is that it is not any better and for most users it is a
>> lot worse than anything else that they are using. People do not see it as
>> worth bending over to pick up off the floor for free. Like a penny laying
>> under the table on the floor across the aisle!
>>
>> Some better product. Baloney.
>> Posted by: amicus_curious   Posted on: 06/10/04
>> It doesn't get any more authoritative than that, mate
>> :-)http://talkback.zdnet.com/5208-3513-0.html?forumID=1&threadID=3703&me...
>
> He's been at it quite a while, eh?  I never read him though.

LOL!!!

How does Microsoft repay him for the shilling?

- --
		~~ Best of wishes

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    "Free the mind, the source will follow"
 22:20:01 up 10 days,  7:08,  2 users,  load average: 0.62, 0.87, 0.81