[News] Mozilla Mocks Microsoft Ribbons, Calls Them Complicated; OpenOffice.org Goes it Alone

  • Subject: [News] Mozilla Mocks Microsoft Ribbons, Calls Them Complicated; OpenOffice.org Goes it Alone
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 29 Sep 2009 23:09:40 +0100
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Mozilla denies it will 'ribbonize' Firefox

,----[ Quote ]
| Mozilla today denied that it will "ribbonize" upcoming Windows
| versions of Firefox, saying that its plans to eliminate the
| traditional menu bar will result in something much less
| complicated than Microsoft's often-derided user interface.
`----

http://www.linuxworld.com/news/2009/092909-mozilla-denies-it-will-ribbonize.html?fsrc=rss-linux-news

Results of the Renaissance Prototype Survey

,----[ Quote ]
| 66% responded that they agree or agree totally with this
| statement about the prototypes, whereas only 14% said they
| disagree or disagree totally. That means, that in these early
| stages of the project, conformity with user expectations is
| pretty good. From the comments (see Calc file), the live previews
| for formatting changes seem to have been especially well
| received.
`----

http://blogs.sun.com/GullFOSS/entry/results_of_the_renaissance_prototype

Recent:

OpenOffice.org User Experience Blog:  Questions, Answers and an Interview

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://uxopenofficeorg.blogspot.com/2009/09/questions-answers-and-interview.html