[News] List of Free/Libre Vector Graphics Editing Software for GNU/Linux

  • Subject: [News] List of Free/Libre Vector Graphics Editing Software for GNU/Linux
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 29 Sep 2009 23:11:54 +0100
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

7 Best Free and Open Source Vector Graphics Editors for Linux

,----[ Quote ]
| A software application that gives users the ability to compose
| and edit vector graphics images interactively on a computer is
| called a vector graphics editor. CorelDRAW and Adobe Illustrator
| are some of the most popular proprietary vector editors for
| Windows. But if you are looking for a capable free alternative
| that can also work on your Linux box, there are a lot to choose
| from.
`----

http://www.junauza.com/2009/09/free-vector-graphics-editors.html

Recent:

Top 3 Linux Vector Graphics Editors

,----[ Quote ]
| Formely known as Xara LX, it is based on Xara Xtreme for Windows, which is
| the fastest graphics program available, period. The Xara Xtreme source code
| was made available open-source in early 2006, and is being ported to Linux.
`----

http://osrevolution.com/os-misc/top-3-linux-vector-graphics-editors

Related:

Tools for editing vector graphics in GNU/Linux

,----[ Quote ]
| No matter which vector graphics program you use, you should note that saving
| graphics to .SVG format can cause problems when you go to use them. For one
| thing, Internet Explorer does not support the format, which prevents it from
| being used extensively in Web graphics, though it is ideally suited for them.
`----

http://www.linux.com/feature/148630

OpenVG: Open Source OpenVG Implementation Released

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.khronos.org/message_boards/viewtopic.php?t=867