[News] Filesystems from Linux Kernel Space Analysed

  • Subject: [News] Filesystems from Linux Kernel Space Analysed
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 02 Oct 2009 00:04:48 +0100
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

IOzone Performance Exploration, Part 2: The Rest of the Crowd (Almost)

,----[ Quote ]
| We finish off our IOzone performance exploration of the major
| Linux file systems. This time adding ext2, jfs, xfs, btrfs,
| and reiserfs. Letâs take a look at the numbers.
`----

http://www.linux-mag.com/cache/7547/1.html

Log-structured file systems: There's one in every SSD

,----[ Quote ]
| When you say "log-structured file system," most storage
| developers will immediately think of Ousterhout and
| Rosenblum's classic paper, The Design and Implementation of a
| Log-structured File System - and the nearly two decades of
| subsequent work attempting to solve the nasty segment cleaner
| problem (see below) that came with it. Linux developers might
| think of JFFS2, NILFS, or LogFS, three of several modern log-
| structured file systems specialized for use with solid state
| devices (SSDs). Few people, however, will think of SSD
| firmware.
`----

http://lwn.net/Articles/353411/

Recent:

NILFS: A File System to Make SSDs Scream

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.linux-mag.com/cache/7345/1.html