[News] Last Coverage from LinuxCon 2009, More Events Coming

  • Subject: [News] Last Coverage from LinuxCon 2009, More Events Coming
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 02 Oct 2009 00:06:41 +0100
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

LinuxCon: the Good, the Bad, and the Nerdy

,----[ Quote ]
| I am now officially happy to be a Portlander. O'Reilly's OSCON
| left the great city for the San Francisco Bay area, and we
| gained two new conferences in its wake: Open Source Bridge and
| LinuxCon; almost. LinuxCon is not a mainstay, but at least the
| first gathering was located in Portland.
|
| [...]
|
| At least The Linux Foundation tried. In reality, it looked
| like every other exhibit hall at every other conference I've
| attended. Frankly, most exhibitors (I was one, at LinuxCon in
| fact) would not show up without something new and engaging to
| brag about. The sponsor and exhibitor presence at LinuxCon
| felt the same as any other conference.
|
| When all was said and done, I believe most people walked away
| from LinuxCon feeling it was a success. And indeed, it was. It
| just wasn't unique enough. There were more than an average
| number of interesting talks, but it was all very familiar.
|
| A conference could, for example, still retain the top-notch
| speaking talent, but at the same time do something
| fundamentally different. That sounds like a recipe for history
| making. A mixture of LinuxCon and Open Source Bridge just
| might change the way these "technical" conferences are
| organized.
`----

http://www.enterprisenetworkingplanet.com/linux_unix/article.php/3841731

The Linux Foundation Announces Second Annual End User Summit

,----[ Quote ]
| The Linux Foundation, the non-profit organization dedicated to
| accelerating the growth of Linux, today announced the speaker
| lineup and details for its second annual End User Summit. The
| Summit is a unique opportunity for corporate end users to
| learn and interact with leaders from within the Linux
| community, including the highest-level maintainers and
| developers.
`----

http://linux-foundation.org/weblogs/press/2009/09/30/the-linux-foundation-announces-second-annual-end-user-summit/

Recent:

Interview with Amanda McPherson of LinuxCon in Portland

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://www.freesoftwaremagazine.com/columns/interview_amanda_mcpherson_linuxcon_portland