Re: [News] Danish Municipality Moves City to ODF, Free Software

____/ Matt on Saturday 03 Oct 2009 20:18 : \____

>>> http://boycottnovell.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/01/px08562.pdf
>>> (((((
>>> )))))
>>
>> Some of the exhibits (about 6 in total) have detailed tables of deployments
>> of StarOffice and GNU/Linux that Microsoft 'killed' with EDGI. This includes
>> an estimated # of seats.
>

> I don't remember seeing those.  If you have the specifics at hand, it
> might save people some time and shed some more light.
>
> I don't think anybody can understand the future course of the software
> market without knowing about EDGI or something similar, whether real or
> hypothetical.  It indicates that the future of MS Client software is
> /dumping/, probably followed by open-sourcing and a support-based model,
> possibly even FOSSification.

Scroll down here < http://boycottnovell.com/2009/01/16/edgi-linux-compete-squad/ > for 'case studies' (anti-FOSS/Linux).

This one is better:

http://boycottnovell.com/2009/01/04/microsoft-edgi-secrets/

I took screenshots of the table and extracted some text.

>> The take-home message is that Microsoft has business intelligence for seeing
>> who migrates to FOSS, then 'bribing' whoever necessary away from FOSS. It's
>> like a totalitarian regime versus dissidence.

- --
		~~ Best of wishes

 der Ãsterreicher sind deppen." -- adi pinter
roy      pts/0        :0               Sat Oct  3 00:47   still logged in