Re: [News] KDE 4.3 Very Much Liked by User of Vista 7

> Probably because Windows has made a great copy of KDE in order to try
> and rake back some of the people leaving it (IMO)

[pardon typo in subject line... Likes -> Liked]

Yes, Microsoft development is "Look & Copy". Proof as follows:

==========
From; Vic Gundotra
Sent; Wednesday, 3une 30, 2004 8:29 AM
To: Jim Allchin; Brian Valentine; Will Poole; Joe Peterson
Cc; Sanjay Pathasarathy; Chrles Fitzgerald
Subject: RE: tiger

Steve is trying hard to retain the developers he has left.

He showed âspotlightâ functionality embedded in 4 different apps, then
highlighted that developers can build (and should build) the same functionality
in their apps,

I have SDK â will send to Quentin

They even showed a bit of extensibility in their design.

I donât have details, but at first blush, I think they will be there 80% on
developer platform too.

 Their Avalon competitor (core video, core image) was hot â lots of
transparency, ripple effects, etc
ÌÂ I have the coot widgets (dashboard) running on my Mac right now with all the
effects he showed on stage. Iâve had no crashes in 5 hours.
 Their video conferencing was amazing (you have to see a demo),
 They have no indigo/web services story
 They are betting on RSS in a high profile way â so they will get credit for
this too
 They have âagentâ like software â I have it working on my Mac as of last
night. Itâs very cool scripting soltware for the entire system. You should see a
demo of this â Jobs does it in his keynote
 Iâve enclosed a screen shot from Lenn of using Spotlight against locally
cached exchange data. (You can point the built in mail cient against an exchange
server. The mail is copied down locally, and then âspotlightâ works against it
wickedly fast)

Video of Jobâs talk is here: http://stream.apple.akadns.net/

The bits we deliver in Sept 05 PDC must be compelling, even in beta form. UI
must be hot. We will be directly compared against tiger.

- -vicg
====

Original PDF (Comes):
http://antitrust.slated.org/www.iowaconsumercase.org/011607/7000/PX07278.pdf
or http://boycottnovell.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/06/px07278.pdf

- --
		~~ Best of wishes

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    Open Source Othello: http://othellomaster.com
 23:05:01 up 2 days, 22:17,  2 users,  load average: 0.55, 0.64, 0.59