[News] [OT] Big Business (Like IBM/Microsoft) Still Controlling Policies

  • Subject: [News] [OT] Big Business (Like IBM/Microsoft) Still Controlling Policies
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 06 Oct 2009 13:28:48 +0100
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Change... Haha!

Obama and the K Street Set

,----[ Quote ]
| There is something uniquely depressing about the fact
| that the National Portrait Gallery's version of the
| Barack Obama "Hope" poster previously belonged to a pair
| of lobbyists. Depressing because Mr. Obama's Washington
| was not supposed to be the lobbyists' Washington, the
| place we learned to despise during the last
| administration.
`----

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052748704471504574443353532223162.html

Lobbyists As The New Celebrities? Cheering On Those Who Abuse The System

,----[ Quote ]
| As Copycense notes, it looks like DC lobbyists may be
| getting the celebrity treatment these days, similar to
| the hedge fund batch a few years ago. It's as if the
| press gleefully looks for those who abuse the system for
| greed to celebrate. What a shame.
`----

http://techdirt.com/articles/20091004/1229146411.shtml

Having bought the government, Goldman Sachs shuts down its Versailles desk

http://www.correntewire.com/having_bought_government_goldman_sachs_shuts_down_its_versailles_desk

Goldman Sachs Wants Its Money, CIT

,----[ Quote ]
| My TARP sense is tingling and it tells me it might be
| time for the taxpayer to bend over. Again.
`----

http://www.jrdeputyaccountant.com/2009/10/goldman-sachs-wants-its-money-cit.html

Goldman Sachs Internal Memo

,----[ Quote ]
| The memo is touching in firm loyalty, surely a tribute
| to the all their hard work and well-known contributions
| towards rhe recovery of the US economy.
`----

http://ragingdebate.com/economy/goldman-sachs-internal-memo-1

Let Freedom Wane: The Fed's Role as Regulator and Obama's Failure to Reform

,----[ Quote ]
| 1. The Fed is in fact not a government institution, but
| owned by private and corporate banking interests. The
| failure of self-regulation and regulators who have been
| 'captured' by the corporations they regulate is one of
| the great lessons of this crisis.
`----

http://jessescrossroadscafe.blogspot.com/2009/10/feds-failure-as-regulator.html

Warner gives warning to Wall Street on pay

,----[ Quote ]
| Goldman Sachs spokesman Lucas Van Praag didn't
| immediately return messages seeking comment.
`----

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/politics/Warner-gives-warning-to-Wall-Street-on-pay-8334107-63320342.html

GOLDMAN SACHS may be rolling in the dough these days, but it is dough from government handoutsânot from âfree-marketâ trading.

,----[ Quote ]
| So whatâs wrong with Goldman posting $3.44 billion in
| second-quarter profits, and so far earmarking $11.4
| billion in compensation for its employees? Whatâs wrong
| is that this is not âfree-marketâ earnings but an almost
| pure state subsidy.
`----

http://iflizwerequeen.com/?p=4138

Goldman Sachs & J.P. Morgan Quietly Buying Up the Media

,----[ Quote ]
| Every since the Corporations have bought up the media,
| the very idea of 'honest journalism' has been a joke in
| America.
|
| I grew up with the likes of Edward R. Murrow and Walter
| Cronkite - I KNOW what real and honest journalism is all
| about.
|
| The 'propaganda' corporate machine that rules the
| airwaves now, is nothing more than a tool to control the
| message/masses, and at all costs, whatever 'they' do
| 'they' will make certain that stories like the one on
| Sibel Edmonds (on the diary recommended list) never,
| ever see the light of day.  God forbid, America should
| hear the 'truth' about America and England planning to
| divide up Iraq months prior to 9/11.
`----

http://www.opednews.com/populum/linkframe.php?linkid=98204

New York man accused of using Twitter to direct protesters during G20 summit

,----[ Quote ]
| Elliott Madison arrested by FBI and charged with using
| social networking site to help demonstrators evade
| Pittsburgh police
`----

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2009/oct/04/man-arrested-twitter-g20-us

Protesting is a crime now?