[News] New Old Linux Kernels Released

Stable kernels 2.6.27.36, 2.6.30.9, and 2.6.31.2 released

,----[ Quote ]
| The stable team has announced the release of kernels
| 2.6.27.36, 2.6.30.9, and 2.6.31.2. There are lots of
| fixes, all over the tree, some of which may have
| security implications, so users are encouraged to
| update. "This is the last release of the 2.6.30-stable
| series. Everyone should now move to the 2.6.31 kernel
| tree. If there are any issues preventing people from
| doing this, please let me know!"
`----

http://lwn.net/Articles/355472/

Recent:

Zenwalk 6.2 has been released !

,----[ Quote ]
| Zenwalk 6.2 is mostly new code (nearly all packages have been updated), and the
| base system has been slightly modified (EXT4, kernel 2.6.30.5). The switch to
| LZMA for package compression has reduced the overall size of the ISO image
| (490MB) while allowing us to provide more applications and drivers.
`----

http://www.zenwalk.org/modules/news/article.php?storyid=100

Zenwalk Linux 6.2

,----[ Quote ]
| Continuing on with the theme of Slackware based distros, today I tried out the
| latest version of Zenwalk Linux. The 6.2 version had been released earlier this
| week, and it caught my attention, so I tried it out.
`----

http://blog.jjtcomputing.co.uk/2009/09/07/zenwalk-linux-6-2/

First Impression: Zenwalk 6.2

,----[ Quote ]
| I have a Dell Latitude c600 laptop that I like to use for light work or when
| Iâm on the go. Between overall awkwardness and to age of the laptop I have
| found it hard to find a Linux distribution that runs well without too much
| configuration. This isnât my main computer so Iâve been putting it off until
| today.
`----

http://beginlinux.wordpress.com/2009/09/07/first-impression-zenwalk-6-2/

Zenwalk Linux 6 Review

,----[ Quote ]
| Zenwalk 6 is the latest release of Zenwalk Linux. The changes are major
| enough that most people will find it worth making the upgrade (note Xfce
| 4.6). Zenwalk has come a long way with Zenwalk 6, from its beginnings with
| creator Jean-Philippe Guillemin, also known as Hyperion.
`----

http://osrevolution.com/os-review/zenwalk-linux-6-review

Fedora, Mandriva delivering Linux goods

,----[ Quote ]
| Ubuntu Linux may get most of the attention but Mandriva and Fedora Linux are
| pushing the Linux desktop forward more than most
|
| Canonical's Ubuntu Linux has a huge following among open source fans and it
| benefits from significant hype because of it. But Mandriva and Fedora Linux
| are quietly delivering the new features that Linux users are looking for.
`----

http://mybroadband.co.za/news/Software/9365.html

Zenwalk 6 â Gnome

,----[ Quote ]
| So how does it compare with my distro of choice (Wolvix)? Very well, although
| on my hardware Wolvix Wine performance is better than Zenwalk as is many of
| the emulation projects I am running.  The memory footprint for running
| Zenwalk and a few basic operations was a respectable 120mbâvery impressive,
| infact even running a rather large document in OO didnât take it much above
| 150mb.   Compare that to Ubuntu which has a footprint in similar conditions
| of 255mb.
`----

http://openbytes.wordpress.com/2009/08/09/zenwalk-6-gnome/

Review: Zenwalk 6.0

,----[ Quote ]
| Ok, so Iâd say Zenwalk is a good, beautiful distro.  I would only recommend
| it to a new user if they have done their research on this Linux thing.  They
| need to know how to find help or why Firefox is called Iceweasel or they need
| to have a geek friend they can ask.  For Linux veterans, Zenwalk seems nice
| and easy.  It seems to give all the power of Slackware with none of the
| (IMHO) BS.  The repos are not as large as Fedora or Ubuntu, so check that you
| donât need programs that arenât there or are ok with compiling software.  Iâm
| still of the opinion that anyone who is unhappy with his or her current
| distro should try this one out.  You may find it to be a good fit.  It has
| nice, light requirements including Pentium 3 and 128 MB RAM so it might be
| great for resurrecting some old computers without having to resort to
| a âlightâ distro.  Itâs also good if you like Xfce or Gnome.  There does not
| appear to be an official KDE version.
`----

http://server.ericsbinaryworld.com/blog/2009/06/12/review-zenwalk-60/

Review: Zenwalk 6.0, A Sprint And A Stumble

,----[ Quote ]
| THE first real connection I made at an emotional level with a Linux
| distribution was with Zenwalk, back in its version 2.0 days, and it was that
| connection which persuaded me to make my first (modest) cash donation to an
| Open Source project.
`----

http://reddevil62-techhead.blogspot.com/2009/03/review-zenwalk-60.html

First Look: Zenwalk Linux 6.0

,----[ Quote ]
| In conclusion, we really enjoyed playing around with this distribution. It's
| blazing fast, it's fun and simple and it's as up-to-date as it can be. If not
| as a replacement of your main desktop, you should definitely give Zenwalk 6.0
| a try in your spare time. Who knows, it could be love at first sight.
`----

http://news.softpedia.com/news/First-Look-Zenwalk-Linux-6-0-106470.shtml

Zenwalk 6.0 has been released !

,----[ Quote ]