[News] Apache Software Foundation Co-Founder Speaks About ApacheCon, Background

  • Subject: [News] Apache Software Foundation Co-Founder Speaks About ApacheCon, Background
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 06 Oct 2009 23:02:32 +0100
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Jim Jagielski, Apache Software Foundation Co-Founder, On Apache's Timeline

,----[ Quote ]
| In the early days, almost all infrastructure services
| were donated. Today, we host and manage our own
| infrastructure, greatly supported by the financial
| donations of our sponsors, but even so, we remain a 100
| percent volunteer-based organization, still true to our
| goals and ideals.
`----

http://ostatic.com/blog/jim-jagielski-apache-software-foundation-co-founder-on-apaches-timeline

PrismTech Simplifies Systems Integration and SOA Connectivity with Release of Open Source OpenSplice DDS Connector for Apache Camel

,----[ Quote ]
| PrismTechâ, the world leader in Open Source high-
| performance communications middleware, today announced
| the availability of the Open Source OpenSpliceâ DDS
| Connector for Apache Camel. This new connector,
| developed as part of a contract award from the MIT
| Lincoln Laboratory, makes the systems integration and
| Service-Oriented Architecture (SOA) connectivity of Data
| Distribution Service (DDS) applications easier than ever
| before.
`----

http://www.businesswire.com/portal/site/google/?ndmViewId=news_view&newsId=20091006006156&newsLang=en

Recent:

The Apache Software Foundation to Host Most Extensive Conference
Program to Date, with Free Community Events and Festivities at
ApacheCon US 2009 Apache Members, Event Sponsors, and Open Source
Community-at-Large Celebrate a Decade of Open Source Leadership at
the 10th Anniversary of the ASF

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.reuters.com/article/pressRelease/idUS109276+15-Sep-2009+PRN20090915