[News] Free software Has Gone Mainstream in Business World, Firefox 3.6 is Near

  • Subject: [News] Free software Has Gone Mainstream in Business World, Firefox 3.6 is Near
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 06 Oct 2009 23:01:15 +0100
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Open source 'ready to go' for business applications

,----[ Quote ]
| With open source already mainstream, companies are now
| arriving at the point where they are prepared to invest
| in this area for business applications.
|
| So claims the chairman of the recent Open World Forum
| and chief executive of Wallix Jean-Noel de Galzain, who
| made his comments in an interview with IT PRO.
`----

http://www.itpro.co.uk/615925/open-source-ready-to-go-for-business-applications

Firefox 3.6 beta set to ship next week

,----[ Quote ]
| The open source browser maker is expected to spin out
| the next iteration of Firefox in November, and next
| weekâs upcoming beta is understood to be the only test
| build released by Mozilla before 3.6 - codenamed
| Namoroka and based on Gecko 1.9.2 - lands.
`----

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2009/10/06/firefox_3_6_beta_1/

Recent:

Firefox 3.6 a1: new CSS features, faster JavaScript

,----[ Quote ]
| Mozilla has released the first alpha of Firefox 3.6. Ars takes a look at the
| new features, such as CSS gradients.
`----

http://arstechnica.com/open-source/news/2009/08/firefox-36-a1-new-css-features-javascript-speed-boost.ars

Firefox 3.6 Alpha 1 Blows Version 3.5 Out Of The Water

,----[ Quote ]
| Using SunSpider, a JavaScript benchmark, the score for 3.6 Alpha 1 improved
| significantly over 3.5.; version 3.6 benchmarked at 1107.2 ms vs. the 1517.4
| ms Firefox 3.5 benchmarked. SunSpider tests the core JavaScript language, and
| with this benchmark test, a lower score is better.
`----

http://www.crn.com/software/219200182;jsessionid=YC3OXO3RRLOKJQE1GHPCKH4ATMY32JVN

Mozilla Releases Firefox 3.6 Alpha, Codenamed 'Namoroka'

,----[ Quote ]
| Currently few add-ons are available for this alpha, the other ones are
| compatible only with 3.5 and older releases (which is normal given that 3.6
| is only in alpha and it won't be available until late 2009). The popular
| extension Adblock Plus can be installed in 3.6 at the time of writing,
| however popular themes or add-ons like Greasemonkey or Noia 2.0 eXtreme are
| not available yet.
`----

http://tuxarena.blogspot.com/2009/08/mozilla-releases-firefox-36-alpha.html

Firefox 3.6 Alpha 1 now available for download

,----[ Quote ]
| The first developer milestone of the next release of Firefox â code named
| Namoroka Alpha 1 â is now available for download. Namoroka is built on
| pre-release version of the Gecko 1.9.2 platform, which forms the core of rich
| internet applications such as Firefox. Please note that this release is
| intended for developers and testers only.
`----

https://developer.mozilla.org/devnews/index.php/2009/08/07/firefox-3-6-alpha-1-now-available-for-download/

Firefox 3.6 Alpha 1 review

,----[ Quote ]
| In the development front, support for multiple background images, gradients,
| rem units (root font size) in CSS. It scores 94 in Acid3 (the web standards
| compliance test), one point more than Firefox 3.5.
`----

http://mozillalinks.org/wp/2009/08/firefox-3-6-alpha-1-review/

Mozilla starts preparing developers for Firefox 3.6

,----[ Quote ]
| Brace yourself for the vanishing menu bar because Mozilla has published an
| official feature list for Firefox 3.6 in the form of a guide for programmers
| who need to know about the changes.
`----

http://news.cnet.com/8301-1001_3-10299350-92.html

Mozilla Firefox 3.6 Project Codenamed Namoroka

,----[ Quote ]
| Mozilla has announced itâs new Project â Mozilla Firefox 3.6 which is
| codenamed âNamorokaâ, with an intended release target of early-to-mid 2010
`----

http://www.webdotdev.com/nvd/content/view/2039/

mozilla foundation is 6 years old today

,----[ Quote ]
| Of course our project and technologies go back much further, but it was on
| this day in 2003 that the Mozilla Foundation was launched.
`----

http://weblogs.mozillazine.org/asa/archives/2009/07/mozilla_foundation_i.html

Firefox 3.6 To Have Self-Profiling Extension

,----[ Quote ]
| Firefox 3.6, otherwise known as Firefox.next, is about to be released pretty
| soon.   And one of its most interesting feature would be a self-profiling web
| tool that will allow user to see their browsing habits profile.  The new
| Firefox feature which is tentatively known as about:me, will give relevant
| user information such as most visited sites, time of the day and days users
| navigate the web most, as well as how users access the site.
`----

http://www.searchenginejournal.com/firefox-36-to-have-self-profiling-extension/11070/

Install Firefox 3.6 alpha1pre Minefield in Ubuntu (from repository)

http://webupd8.blogspot.com/2009/04/install-firefox-36-alpha1pre-minefield.html

Desktop web apps and snappiness top next Firefox (Namoroka) plans

,----[ Quote ]
| Following the tradition of using national park names as code names for
| Firefox releases, Mozilla has chosen Namoroka, located in Madagascar, for the
| development cycle that started a few months ago when Mozilla decided to
| branch the current Firefox 3.5 (Shiretoko) and proceed with the development
| of the next release in the trunk (Minefield).
`----

http://mozillalinks.org/wp/2009/04/desktop-web-apps-and-snappiness-top-next-firefox-namoroka-plans/

Mozilla reveals roadmap for Firefox 3.6, scheduled for 2010

,----[ Quote ]
| Mozilla has unveiled its roadmap for Firefox 3.6, which is codenamed
| Namoroka. This version, which will follow the upcoming Firefox 3.5 release,
| is expected to arrive in 2010. Mozilla has some highly ambitious plans for
| 3.6, including a new task-oriented user interface paradigm and deep
| integration of Prism-like rich Internet application functionality.
`----

http://arstechnica.com/open-source/news/2009/04/mozilla-reveals-roadmap-for-firefox-36-scheduled-for-2010.ars

First look: Mozilla Firefox FX 3.6 alpha 1

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.tgdaily.com/content/view/41948/140/