[News] Red Hat Enjoys Excellent Time with GNU/Linux Demand

  • Subject: [News] Red Hat Enjoys Excellent Time with GNU/Linux Demand
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 08 Oct 2009 17:51:42 +0100
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Red Hat: An analyst day in improving times

,----[ Quote ]
| For the quarter ending August 31, its profit jumped
| 37 percent relative to the year-ago quarter, besting
| analyst estimates.
`----

http://news.cnet.com/8301-13556_3-10370047-61.html

Three Things I Heard from Red Hat Yesterday

,----[ Quote ]
| As my analyst colleague Gordon Haff covers, the
| vendor has finally left the management software
| sidelines, and appears committed to those
| capabilities via the RHEV-M component. Meaning that
| Red Hat offers just about every piece of
| infrastructure software an enterprise could needâ
| except a database. Pressed on a similar question
| during the day, Whitehurst assured the audience that
| Red Hat âwas not looking to move into new
| markets,â with a database the given example.
`----

http://redmonk.com/sogrady/2009/10/07/redhat-analyst-day-09/

Recent:

Red Hat second-quarter profit increases 37%

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/red-hat-second-quarter-profit-increases-37-2009-09-23