[News] AWK and AMPL Development Figure Interviewed, Open World Forum 2009 is Reviewed

  • Subject: [News] AWK and AMPL Development Figure Interviewed, Open World Forum 2009 is Reviewed
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 08 Oct 2009 18:39:16 +0100
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

An inteview with Brian Kernighan, co-developer of AWK and AMPL

,----[ Quote ]
| Computerworld is undertaking a series of
| investigations into interesting programming
| languages. In the past we have spoken to Larry Wall,
| creator of the Perl programming language, Don Syme,
| senior researcher at Microsoft Research Cambridge,
| who developed F#, Simon Peyton-Jones on the
| development of Haskell, Alfred v. Aho of AWK fame, S.
| Tucker Taft on the Ada 1995 and 2005 revisions,
| Microsoft about its server-side script engine ASP,
| Chet Ramey about his experiences maintaining Bash,
| Bjarne Stroustrup of C++ fame and Charles H. Moore
| about the design and development of Forth.
`----

http://www.computerworld.com.au/index.php?q=article/321082/an_inteview_brian_kernighan_co-developer_awk_ampl&fp=&fpid=

Happenings: Open World Forum 2009

,----[ Quote ]
| There were numerous core tracks within the conference
| schedule; eGov, Start-up and Investors, Open CIO
| Summit, FLOSS (Free, Libre, Open Source Software)
| Communities Summit and FLOSS Competence Centres
| Summit, along with ancillary events.
`----

http://www.h-online.com/open/Happenings-Open-World-Forum-2009--/features/114412

Recent:

Open World Forum 2009, Paris, 1-2 October

,----[ Quote ]
| OWC will also host the European Open Source Think Tank 2009
| and the Open Innovation Summit, along with a FLOSS Communities
| Summit, an Open CIO Summit and a FLOSS Competence Centers
| Summit.
`----

http://robertogaloppini.net/2009/09/25/open-world-forum-2009-paris-1-2-october/

Open World Forum Reveals Start-Up Competition Shortlist

,----[ Quote ]
| Open World Forum, the leading global forum for free, libre
| and open source software Relevant Products/Services (FLOSS)
| worldwide, today announces the shortlist of 20 innovative
| open source start-ups who will be invited to present their
| companies to an expert Jury at the Open Innovation Summit,
| part of the Open World Forum on October 2nd, 2009. The
| international Jury will then present an award to the company
| perceived to be the most innovative and promising.
`----

http://www.cio-today.com/news/Start-Up-Competition-Shortlist-Is-Out/story.xhtml?story_id=101001RL72PD

The Open World Forum Invites Journalists to Summit

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.newsfactor.com/story.xhtml?story_id=101001RL72S6