[News] GIMP Applications, New Episode, and Introduction to Other Powerful Applications

  • Subject: [News] GIMP Applications, New Episode, and Introduction to Other Powerful Applications
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 10 Oct 2009 09:51:04 +0100
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Five Super Simple Photo Fixes with the GIMP

,----[ Quote ]
| While the GIMP offers a plethora of
| advanced and powerful photo editing
| tools, it also sports a few easy-to-use
| features that can help you to instantly
| improve your photos with a minimum of
| effort.
`----

http://www.linux-magazine.com/Online/Blogs/Productivity-Sauce-Dmitri-s-open-source-blend-of-productive-computing/Five-Super-Simple-Photo-Fixes-with-the-GIMP

Episode 122: Pimp my Photo! (1)

,----[ Quote ]
| The results of the Book Challenge have
| been so interesting that I have made two
| shows out of them. This is the first
| part.
`----

http://meetthegimp.org/episode-122-pimp-my-photo-1/

Ripping Audio CDs in Linux

,----[ Quote ]
| For KDE users, the easiest way to rip CDs
| is through K3b, an application best-known
| as one of the first and easiest graphical
| tools for creating CDs in GNU/Linux. In
| most distributions, you will have to
| install K3b after installation.
|
| To rip with K3b, insert a CD, and go to
| Tools -> Rip Audio CD. If you receive a
| message asking if you want to use Cd-Text
| rather than CDDB, you can choose either
| one. Both will give you the same
| information about the tracks on the CD.
`----

http://www.linux.com/news/software/applications/114879-ripping-audio-cds-in-linux

Recent:

Episode 121: Transparent Transformations and Getting Rich with GIMP

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://meetthegimp.org/episode-121-transparent-transformations-and-getting-rich-with-gimp/