[News] Chrome OS (Linux) Information Leaks Just a Little

  • Subject: [News] Chrome OS (Linux) Information Leaks Just a Little
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 14 Oct 2009 00:05:15 +0100
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Chrome OS Peeks Out Its Head A Bit Further. And What Is The Touchpad?

,----[ Quote ]
| Pretty much every morning and every night I
| download the newest build of Chromium for Mac
| (the open source builds that will eventually
| turn into Chrome for Mac). While we made an
| auto-updater to do it for you, you can also
| manually find the latest builds here. This
| morning, I visited this site and noticed
| something new: A Chrome OS folder.
`----

http://www.techcrunch.com/2009/10/12/chrome-os-peaks-out-its-head-a-bit-further-and-what-is-the-touchpad/

Recent:

Google Chrome OS on Chinese netbook next month?

,----[ Quote ]
| But a Chinese manufacturer might be about to get a
| head-start next month by releasing a locally-
| manufactered netbook that comes with a pre-release
| version of Google Chrome OS installed, according to
| reports on a Chinese website that closely monitors
| the production lines of China's hundreds of tiny
| electrical firms.
|
| [...]
|
| (Note: the current Yeelong 8089 with Linux retails at
| 2899 RMB (that's US$425 or â290) in China, but sells
| in Europe for â335 at the moment. Not sure if any
| Chrome version would have the same price).
`----

http://asia.cnet.com/blogs/sinobytes/post.htm?id=63014065&scid=rvhm_ms

First devices with Chrome OS this month?

,----[ Quote ]
| The first devices with the new Linux based Chrome OS from
| Google will probably hit the markets this month. This Operating
| System is mainly targeted at netbooks.
`----

http://eeepc.itrunsonlinux.com/the-news/328-first-devices-with-chrome-os-this-month

Google's Chrome OS might tip up soon