[News] Ubuntu 9.10 Focuses Also on Servers and New Design

  • Subject: [News] Ubuntu 9.10 Focuses Also on Servers and New Design
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 14 Oct 2009 23:30:44 +0100
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Ubuntu Server 9.10 Looks Skyward

,----[ Quote ]
| On Oct. 29, Ubuntu Server Edition 9.10 will
| be made available. It features Ubuntu
| Enterprise Cloud, an open source cloud
| computing environment based on the same
| application programming interfaces as
| Amazon EC2. Ubuntu 9.10 Server Edition will
| be available on the Amazon EC2 environment
| as an Amazon Machine Image.
`----

http://www.linuxinsider.com/rsstory/68366.html?wlc=1255539867

Ubuntu's Design Team: Make It Look Good, Run Better

,----[ Quote ]
| On Tuesday afternoon I spoke with Ivanka
| Majic, leader of Canonical's design team
| for Ubuntu Desktop and Netbook Remix. She's
| spearheading the effort to make Ubuntu that
| much more appealing and useful -- to make
| it more of its "Linux for human beings"
| namesake.
`----

http://www.informationweek.com/blog/main/archives/2009/10/ubuntus_design.html;jsessionid=YGSHU5FSVDZGHQE1GHPSKH4ATMY32JVN

UMTS software for Ubuntu

,----[ Quote ]
| Nova Media's Ubuntu UTMS application in
| action VergrÃÃern
| Source: Nova Media Until now, the
| launch2net dial-up UMTS software has only
| been available for Mac OS X â among its
| licensees are T-Mobile, Vodafone and Sony
| Ericsson. Now, vendor Nova Media has made a
| beta of version 2.0 for Ubuntu available to
| download.
`----

http://www.h-online.com/open/news/item/UMTS-software-for-Ubuntu-828124.html

Recent:

Canonical Set to Release Ubuntu 9.10 Server Edition

,----[ Quote ]
| "Ubuntu 9.10 Server Edition puts Ubuntu
| users at a unique advantage in being able
| to quickly and simply deploy and manage
| cloud environments. We strongly believe
| that businesses which are already embracing
| virtualized environments, will take the
| next logical step to these self-service,
| super-efficient architectures and that
| Ubuntu Enterprise Cloud will be at the
| heart of that effort," Canonical's Director
| of Corporate Services, Steve George said in
| a statement.
`----

http://ostatic.com/blog/canonical-set-to-release-ubuntu-9-10-server-edition

Canonical pushes out Ubuntu 9.10 server