[News] Thoughts on How to Sell and Make Money from Free Software, Jitterbit 3.0 Out

  • Subject: [News] Thoughts on How to Sell and Make Money from Free Software, Jitterbit 3.0 Out
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 17 Oct 2009 00:08:02 +0100
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

The Real Unique Buying Proposition of Open Source Software

,----[ Quote ]
| Most important to Open Source advocates it
| that there are communication and sales
| processes in Open Source Marketing that one
| should take care of. Open Source lead
| generation begins very early (Twitter, Weblog,
| etc.) and does not end once you closed a deal.
| Itâs a continuous process. When a customer
| bought your cost argument, youâd better make
| sure that this customer can also experience
| the freedom of using your product. Open up
| endless opportunities through third-party
| extensions, technical tutorials and so on.
| This is how you retain customers in Open
| Source. It only works if you have built-in
| freedom into your business ecosystem.
`----

http://sandro.groganz.com/weblog/2009/10/12/the-real-unique-buying-proposition-of-open-source-software/

Don't 'Sell Open Source' - Sell Brainpower

,----[ Quote ]
| As someone else once put it, open source is
| useful if your primary product is not software
| itself. A company whose main product is
| consultancy or support staffing (IBM) can make
| more direct use of open source as an attractor
| than a company that makes software itself as
| their main offering (Microsoft or Adobe). The
| more I talk with people in and around this
| industry, the more I think there's a case to
| be made for both approaches. The hard part is
| convincing people on both sides that the other
| guy is not always wrong.
`----

http://www.informationweek.com/blog/main/archives/2009/10/dont_sell_open.html;jsessionid=WLYCEAQ0DNJEHQE1GHPCKHWATMY32JVN

Jitterbit 3.0 Enterprise MX Edition Now Available

,----[ Quote ]
| Jitterbit, the leading provider of simple-yet-
| powerful enterprise integration software,
| today announced the general availability of
| Jitterbit 3.0 Enterprise MX, the latest
| release of the companyâs award-winning
| solution for application and data integration.
| Also available today in Community and
| Enterprise editions, Jitterbit Enterprise MX
| includes new management tools specifically
| designed for large enterprise use.
`----

http://www.jitterbit.com/News/Press_Room/jitterbit-3-enterprise-general-availability-101309.php

Recent:

Jitterbit 3 expands open source data integration

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://blog.internetnews.com/skerner/2009/06/jitterbit-3-expands-open-sourc.html