[News] Free Software Said to be Capable of Saving UK Schools Â60 Million

  • Subject: [News] Free Software Said to be Capable of Saving UK Schools Â60 Million
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 17 Oct 2009 00:09:15 +0100
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Open Source Could Save UK Schools Â60 Million A Year

,----[ Quote ]
| A national partnership has been launched today at
| Bletchley Park, to encourage UK local authorities
| to look at implementing open source solutions in
| all areas of their education services, in order
| to save up to Â60 million a year
|
| Bletchley Park, the home of the Enigma machine
| and where most of Germany's codes were cracked
| during the Second World War, is today playing
| host to the launch a national partnership, that
| aims to encourage UK local authorities to look at
| implementing open source solutions in all areas
| of their education services.
`----

http://www.eweekeurope.co.uk/news/open-source-could-save-uk-schools--60-million-a-year-2100

Recent:

German City MÃnster Launches Pilot Project For its Schools To Adopt Open Source Software

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://www.egovmonitor.com/node/29337