[News] Athens (Michigan) Schools Run GNU/Linux, Kids Likes It

  • Subject: [News] Athens (Michigan) Schools Run GNU/Linux, Kids Likes It
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 17 Oct 2009 21:58:27 +0100
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Linux in Education: Athens Schools

,----[ Quote ]
| All in all, Athens schools are a picture perfect
| example of how you don't need expensive proprietary
| hardware, big powerful machines, or even proprietary
| software to create the perfect learning environment,
| or to properly run a school.  As I said, the bigger
| schools would be wise to learn from Athens and use the
| example they've set as a guide to create their own
| Open Source learning environments.
`----

http://www.raiden.net/articles/linux_in_education_athens_schools/1/

Introducing your Child to Linux

,----[ Quote ]
| The Linux operating system offers an excellent
| learning opportunity for children, whether for
| educational software and games, programming, or
| general computer skills. Charles Profitt, a K-12
| systems administrator, shares with SmartBean the nuts
| and bolts of introducing kids to Linux. His guidelines
| for the why, what and how of getting going with Linux
| and open source computing at home are lucid and
| helpful.
`----

http://www.thesmartbean.com/magazine/home-schooling/introducing-your-child-to-linux/

Recent:

Athens schools promote 'open source' computing

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://www.battlecreekenquirer.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080305/NEWS01/803050312/1002/NEWS01