[News] Archlinux Gets the Thumbsup

first experience with Archlinux

,----[ Quote ]
| To conclude: Archlinux is very nice, I can
| wholeheartedly recommend using it so far. Probably
| nothing for a novice Linux user, yet perfect for
| advanced users. Very good as a development
| environment. Fast. Up to date. I like it :)
`----

http://milianw.de/blog/first-experience-with-archlinux

Recent:

My Arch Linux Experiment (Part 3)

,----[ Quote ]
| Welcome to the final part of my Arch Linux Experiment
| series. For those that missed the earlier entries, I was
| trying to find out if Arch Linux would be a viable
| replacement for Kubuntu. When I last left off, I had
| pretty much everything I needed straightened out and I was
| able to take care of all of my needs within my Arch Linux
| set up, and was ready to write about my final thoughts.
`----

http://www.itnewstoday.com/?p=960

Arch Linux 2009.08 Benchmarks

,----[ Quote ]
| Arch Linux 2009.08 was released earlier this week with a new installer, more
| automatic configuration settings, many core package updates, and other
| changes to this growingly popular distribution. At the request of some
| readers, we have carried out some quick benchmarks to get a general
| understanding of where Arch Linux 2009.08 is performing in comparison to
| Ubuntu 9.04.
|
| [...]
|
| Ubuntu 9.04 did much better than Arch Linux 2009.08 when it came to the
| SQLite performance. The performance of SQLite databases seem to sway a lot
| between kernel releases and file-systems as our tests have shown in the past.
| Most of the issues were worked out with the Linux 2.6.28 kernel, but with
| EXT4 and the Linux 2.6.30 kernel there are some performance regressions that
| have come back. This issue by no means is specific to just Arch Linux.
`----

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=article&item=arch_200908_benchmarks&num=1

Arch Linux: The Simple, Flexible (and Fast!) Distro

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.linux-mag.com/cache/7469/1.html