[News] Ubuntu 9.10 Reviewed, Promoted, Seen as Ready Already

  • Subject: [News] Ubuntu 9.10 Reviewed, Promoted, Seen as Ready Already
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 19 Oct 2009 01:50:29 +0100
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Another Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala Review

,----[ Quote ]
| Karmic Koala is Brilliant. It is a major update
| to Ubuntu. The new look and feel is really great.
| I doubt it will be changing much more before
| release but as always I should probably add a
| YMMV here.
|
| If you are using Jaunty or earlier on your
| desktop, Iâd recommend that you give this release
| a try. If you are thinking about coughing up
| hard-earned money for that other operating system
| that is coming out this month, donât. Youâll be
| wasting your cash and be getting a less secure,
| less functional, more resource hungry and just
| plain worse OS to boot! And do remember Iâm still
| using the Beta version of Ubuntu. The GA release
| will be out on the 29th Oct.
`----

http://www.theopensourcerer.com/2009/10/17/another-ubuntu-9-10-karmic-koala-review/

Ubuntu = Hope! Letâs get our voice to space :)

,----[ Quote ]
| But letâs also send a message of cooperation,
| collaboration, inclusion and hope: Letâs make
| something representing us, the Ubuntu and Free
| Software community, as a picture of a world that
| want real change in our lifetime!
`----

http://huayra.wordpress.com/2009/10/17/ubuntu-hope-lets-get-our-voice-to-space/

Why Wait. Upgrade to Ubuntu 9.10 Now

,----[ Quote ]
| Ubuntu 9.10 aka Karmic Koala is scheduled for
| release October 29, 2009. Ubuntu 9.10 is
| currently in Beta. There will be one more release
| called âRelease Candidateâ before the October 29
| release announcement. Well, why wait when you can
| upgrade now. Most of the grunt work for Ubuntu
| 9.10 has already been done.
`----

http://ulyssesonline.com/2009/10/17/why-wait-upgrade-to-ubuntu-9-10-now/

Recent:

Canonical Set to Release Ubuntu 9.10 Server Edition

,----[ Quote ]
| "Ubuntu 9.10 Server Edition puts Ubuntu
| users at a unique advantage in being able
| to quickly and simply deploy and manage
| cloud environments. We strongly believe
| that businesses which are already embracing
| virtualized environments, will take the
| next logical step to these self-service,
| super-efficient architectures and that
| Ubuntu Enterprise Cloud will be at the
| heart of that effort," Canonical's Director
| of Corporate Services, Steve George said in
| a statement.
`----

http://ostatic.com/blog/canonical-set-to-release-ubuntu-9-10-server-edition

Canonical pushes out Ubuntu 9.10 server