[News] GNU/Linux Sub-notebooks Spread Widely, with Sugar

  • Subject: [News] GNU/Linux Sub-notebooks Spread Widely, with Sugar
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 20 Oct 2009 02:40:03 +0100
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Uruguay government gives every student a laptop

,----[ Quote ]
| The laptops in question go by the name of the
| XO, and are brightly coloured, very basic
| netbooks which run on a Linux operating system
| called âSugarâ.
`----

http://www.t3.com/news/uruguay-government-gives-every-student-a-laptop?=41487

OLPC in hands of all Uruguay's primary kids

http://www.techradar.com/news/mobile-computing/laptops/olpc-in-hands-of-all-uruguay-s-primary-kids-643136

Uruguay becomes first nation to provide a laptop for every primary school student

,----[ Quote ]
| Uruguay's been a huge fan of the One Laptop
| Per Child initiative for quite some time, and
| while we're still unsure if it's the entity's
| biggest customer, the aforesaid nation is
| certainly doing some serious business with
| Nicholas Negroponte and Company.
`----

http://www.engadget.com/2009/10/18/uruguay-becomes-first-nation-to-provide-a-laptop-for-every-prima/

Recent:

Video: XO-1.5 Laptop Dual Boot - Gnome and Sugar UI

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.olpcnews.com/laptops/xo15/video_xo-15_laptop_dual_boot.html