[News] REvolution R Adds GNU/Linux Support

REvolution R coming to Ubuntu

,----[ Quote ]
| REvolution Computing's enhanced distribution of R,
| REvolution R, has been available for free download
| from our website for Windows and MacOS for over a
| year now, and has been used by thousands of R users
| for high-performance statistical data analysis. Soon,
| we'll be expanding our free distributions to Ubuntu
| Linux, with the release of REvolution R 3.0.
`----

http://smartdatacollective.com/Home/22011

Recent:

The "R" Statistical Environment, and REvolution Computing, Spread Out

,----[ Quote ]
| REvolution Computing offers REvolution R, an enhanced distribution of R, as a
| free download. It also offers REvolution R Enterprise, a subscription-based
| version of R aimed at large companies that work with large data sets, and
| ParallelR (included in the Enterprise edition), which can take advantage of
| multi-processor systems and clusters for large data crunching tasks. R
| itself, and REvolution's versions, are being embraced in a number of fields,
| with a number of innovative new applications arriving.
`----

http://ostatic.com/blog/the-r-statistical-environment-and-revolution-computing-spread-out#buzz

SAS Warms to Open-Source One Letter at a Time

,----[ Quote ]
| âR is a leading language for developing new statistical methods,â Bob
| Rodriguez, the senior director for statistical development at SAS, said in
| the notice. âOur new Ph.D. developers learned R in their graduate programs
| and are quite versed in it.â
|
| The company looks to add more R support into its software as soon as next
| year.
|
| While limited for the moment, SASâs support may be enough to open the company
| up more to the R discussion and developers in the future.
`----

http://bits.blogs.nytimes.com/2009/02/16/sas-warms-to-open-source-one-letter-at-a-time/

Science and KDE: rkward

,----[ Quote ]
| rkward is a nice frontend for the R programming language, which adds a GUI
| with the power of KDE to R. Unfortunately the program is still somewhat
| unstable (also shown by a warning when you run it) and its main developer has
| currently very little time to work on it. In case you may want to help, you
| can hop to the rkward-devel mailing list.
`----

http://www.dennogumi.org/2009/02/science-and-kde-rkward

Data Analysts Captivated by Râs Power

,----[ Quote ]
| It is also free. R is an open-source program, and its popularity reflects a
| shift in the type of software used inside corporations. Open-source software
| is free for anyone to use and modify. I.B.M., Hewlett-Packard and Dell make
| billions of dollars a year selling servers that run the open-source Linux
| operating system, which competes with Windows from Microsoft. Most Web sites
| are displayed using an open-source application called Apache, and companies
| increasingly rely on the open-source MySQL database to store their critical
| information. Many people view the end results of all this technology via the
| Firefox Web browser, also open-source software.
`----

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/01/07/technology/business-computing/07program.html?em

Related:

R: A (Statistically) Significant Language

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://ostatic.com/158480-blog/r-a-statistically-significant-language