[News] Preview of Kubuntu GNU/Linux 9.10, Other Ubuntu News

  • Subject: [News] Preview of Kubuntu GNU/Linux 9.10, Other Ubuntu News
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 20 Oct 2009 17:04:40 +0100
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Preview of Kubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

,----[ Quote ]
| The release of the newest version of Ubuntu is only
| 10 days away. Many sites, including MakeTechEasier
| have covered its pending arrival and given you a
| glimpse of the Beta version. Today we are going to
| take a look at Kubuntu, the KDE-based version of
| Ubuntu.
`----

http://maketecheasier.com/preview-of-kubuntu-karmic-koala/2009/10/19

Ubuntu And The Opportunistic Programmer

,----[ Quote ]
| Not only does the up-coming Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala,
| released on Thu 29th October 2009 bring this rich
| platform, as well as Quickly, but it also bring the
| new Ubuntu Software Center which provides a refreshed
| means of browsing and installing applications. My
| hope is that we will continue to leverage this rock-
| solid platform and be able to have opportunistic
| programmers everywhere be able to get their apps in
| front of Ubuntu users, in much the same way the
| iPhone and Android Market Place does so.
`----

http://www.jonobacon.org/2009/10/19/ubuntu-and-the-opportunistic-programmer/

NetworkManager Gets Facelift for Karmic Koala Ubuntu 9.10

,----[ Quote ]
| Along with other updates to Ubuntuâs look in Karmic,
| the changes to NetworkManager reflect a solid and
| successful effort to meet and surpass the interface
| enhancements of proprietary operating systems,
| demonstrating that software can be Free and good-
| looking at the same time.
`----

http://www.workswithu.com/2009/10/19/networkmanager-gets-facelift-for-karmic/

Meet the Platform Team Managers: Robbie Williamson

,----[ Quote ]
| In the first of a seven-part series on Where Karmic's
| Karma Comes From, I'd like to introduce you to the
| managers of the Canonical Platform Team. The Platform
| Team is made up of the following teams: Foundations,
| Kernel, Desktop, QA, Mobile, Community, and Server.
| In this first interview, Robbie Williamson, the
| Ubuntu's Foundations Team Manager, discusses what's
| coming out in Karmic Koala and what we can expect in
| the Lucid Lynx release.
`----

http://ubuntu-user.com/Online/Blogs/Amber-Graner-You-in-Ubuntu/Meet-the-Platform-Team-Managers-Robbie-Williamson

Recent:

A closer look at Kubuntu Karmic Koala and KDE 4.3.1

,----[ Quote ]
| Ubuntu Karmic Koala is still in Beta status, but
| looks very promising. To some extend it beats the
| Release Candidate of Microsoft Windows 7, especially
| in Wireless networking support.
|
| The big win of Karmic Koala are its even further
| improved speed, less resources hungriness and
| improved hardware support.
|
| I tested Microsoft Windows 7 RC1 (build 7100),
| Kubuntu GNU/Linux Karmic Koala Alpha 5 and Ubuntu
| GNU/Linux Karmic Koala Beta 1 last week and I'm
| afraid Windows 7 will (b)eat the dust.
`----

http://osgeex.blogspot.com/2009/10/closer-look-at-kubuntu-karmic-koala-and.html

5 things make Kubuntu 9.10 special

,----[ Quote ]
| Less than 13 days and Kubuntu 9.10 will be released.
| It is based on Ubuntu 9.10 packages which means it
| will get: Linux kernel 2.6.31, ext4 filesystem by
| default,GRUB 2 boot loader and a lot more.
`----

http://linuxcrunch.com/content/5-things-make-kubuntu-910-special

[posted from Kubuntu 9.10 (beta)]