[News] New Interview with Larry Augustin

Will cloud computing obsolete SaaS?

,----[ Quote ]
| Augustin is an angel investor and advisor to early stage
| technology companies, he currently serves on the Boards
| of Directors of Fonality, Hyperic, Medsphere, OSDL,
| Pentaho, SugarCRM, VA Software (NASDAQ: LNUX), and
| XenSource. Worth Magazine named him to their list of the
| Top 50 CEOs in 2000.
|
| I asked Larry a few questions:
|
| YB: Is there a future for corporate data center-centric
| applications? Or is the writing really on the wall?
`----

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/blogs/ybenjamin/detail??blogid=150&entry_id=49505

Recent:

Open Source Revitalized Enterprise Software, Says SugarCRM CEO

,----[ Quote ]
| In an interview with eWEEK, SugarCRM CEO Larry Augustin suggests that a
| combination of global connectivity and open-source startups has revitalized
| the enterprise software market. SugarCRM's upcoming open-source customer
| relationship management suite, Sugar Suite, is designed as an alternative to
| proprietary offerings by Salesforce.com, NetSuite and Oracle.
`----

http://www.eweek.com/c/a/Linux-and-Open-Source/Open-Source-Has-Revitalized-Enterprise-Software-Says-SugarCRM-CEO-232816/

SearchCRM.com: What are your goals in this interim period as SugarCRM's CEO?

,----[ Quote ]
| Larry Augustin: Increase our focus on our customers, continue to support the
| very strong developer and open source community and continue to drive the
| business along those directions. I think we've got a great customer base
| here. We have a product that people love. I think that's witnessed by the
| developer, open source traction we have. We're going to continue to leverage
| that.
`----

http://searchcrm.techtarget.com/news/article/0,289142,sid11_gci1364524,00.html

Podcast: SugarCRM CEO Larry Augustin

,----[ Quote ]
| In this pocast, SugarCRM Interim CEO Larry Augustin discusses the companyâs
| search for a permanent CEO; the companyâs cloud- and SaaS-focused channel
| partners; working with Microsoft and Windows Server; and SugarCRMâs growth
| strategy for open source CRM. Plus: Will SugarCRM run in Microsoftâs Windows
| Azure cloud?
`----

http://www.thevarguy.com/2009/08/24/podcast-sugarcrm-ceo-larry-augustin/

Open Source Business Conference: Great, we won. So what did we win?

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://venturebeat.com/2008/03/26/open-source-business-conference-great-we-won-so-what-did-we-win/