[News] Kernel Space Gets More X.Org and X Server Releases

  • Subject: [News] Kernel Space Gets More X.Org and X Server Releases
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 22 Oct 2009 14:05:41 +0100
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

X.Org 7.6 May Be Released In October 2010

,----[ Quote ]
| On the same day of the first X Server 1.8
| snapshot being released, Sun's Alan
| Coopersmith who has been leading the X.Org 7.5
| katamari release efforts has shared his
| thoughts going forward for X.Org 7.6. X Server
| 1.7.1 should be released by week's end and
| X.Org 7.5 final should be out shortly
| thereafter. However, it's not likely that X
| Server 1.8 will be greeted by X.Org 7.6.
`----

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=NzYyNA

The First X Server 1.8 Snapshot Released

,----[ Quote ]
| The release announcement with source download
| links for this X Server 1.8 snapshot and the
| change-log can be found on the xorg mailing
| list.
`----

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=NzYyMQ

Recent:

X.Org 7.5 Gets Closer While X Server 1.6.4 Is Out

,----[ Quote ]
| Just in time for the start of the X Developers'
| Conference this week in Portland, there are two new X
| Server releases to report. X Server 1.6.4, which is a
| bug-fix release in the X Server 1.6 series for X.Org
| 7.4, has been released. Additionally, X Server 1.7 RC3
| has been released, which is the final release before X
| Server 1.7 and X.Org 7.5 are to be released.
`----

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=NzU2OA

Intel On Rebuilding The X.Org Linux Desktop

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=article&item=intel_rebuild_x&num=1