[News] [Over|Re]views of GNU/Linux Applications: Hulu, Tux Paint, AbiWord

  • Subject: [News] [Over|Re]views of GNU/Linux Applications: Hulu, Tux Paint, AbiWord
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 22 Oct 2009 14:12:14 +0100
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Hulu desktop for Linux

,----[ Quote ]
| The Hulu Linux desktop client makes watching
| TV (and movies) a breeze. I am thrilled that
| Hulu has brought out a Linux client without
| making the Linux community wait as the
| Windows and Mac community enjoy itâs
| services.
`----

http://www.ghacks.net/2009/10/20/hulu-desktop-for-linux/

Teaching with Tux

,----[ Quote ]
| As a homeschooling family, my wife and I are
| very involved in our children's education
| and since we're both a couple of nerds, much
| of our children's education is done on the
| computer. I use Linux for work almost
| exclusively so I was a bit curious to see if
| there were any good children's educational
| programs for Linux; it turns out that there
| are some very good ones and I'm going to
| discuss 3 of them today: Tux Paint, Tux
| Typing, and Tux of Math Command. Do you
| sense a theme developing here?
`----

http://www.linuxjournal.com/content/teaching-tux

AbiWord is a Free Word Processor for Windows, Linux, and Mac

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/5117/abiword-is-a-free-word-processor-for-windows-linux-and-mac/