[News] Desktop Function Gets Centered Around Web Browsers

  • Subject: [News] Desktop Function Gets Centered Around Web Browsers
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 23 Oct 2009 13:03:19 +0100
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Web 2.0 Summit: The Browser Is What Matters

,----[ Quote ]
| Pichai said that Google's goals for Chrome
| -- speed, simplicity, and security -- have
| resonated really well with users. He also
| said that Linux and Mac versions are coming
| soon.
`----

http://www.informationweek.com/news/internet/google/showArticle.jhtml?articleID=220900224

Avant Window Navigator (AWN) 0.4 Beta Available - See What's New [Linux]

,----[ Quote ]
| After a few months of development, AWN
| (Avant Window Navigator) 0.4 is available
| for beta testing.
|
| In case you don't know, Avant Window
| Navigator (Awn) is a dock-like bar which
| sits at the bottom of the screen (or at
| least it used to, read on!). It has support
| for launchers, task lists, and third party
| applets.
`----

http://webupd8.blogspot.com/2009/10/avant-window-navigator-awn-04-available.html

Recent:

First Look At Browser That Will Be Included in Google Chrome OS

,----[ Quote ]
| On Monday, a mysterious Chrome OS folder
| appeared in that dayâs newest Chromium build
| for Mac. The folder, which was compatible with
| Linux only, has been removed by Google.
`----

http://erictric.com/technology/first-look-at-browser-that-will-be-included-in-google-chrome-os

A First Glimpse Of Chrome OS In The Flesh

,----[ Quote ]
| It would seem that the result is the browser
| aspect of Chrome OS running inside of Linux.
| As you can see in the screenshots below, it
| looks very similar to Chrome, the browser, on
| Windows (still the only officially released
| version of Chrome), but there are some key
| differences.
`----

http://www.techcrunch.com/2009/10/13/a-first-glimpse-of-chrome-os-in-the-flesh-at-least-the-browser-part/

Chrome OS Peeks Out Its Head A Bit Further. And What Is The Touchpad?

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.techcrunch.com/2009/10/12/chrome-os-peaks-out-its-head-a-bit-further-and-what-is-the-touchpad/