[News] Ideas on Escaping Lock-in in Fog Computing

  • Subject: [News] Ideas on Escaping Lock-in in Fog Computing
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 24 Oct 2009 20:53:26 +0100
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Avoid Trap Of Proprietary Cloud Tooling: Use Simple API

,----[ Quote ]
| What's the first thing you should do if you're
| thinking of developing software for cloud
| computing? At ZendCon, Zend Technologies user
| group yesterday, three members of a five member
| panel answered the same way: adopt Simple Cloud
| API, the open source cloud services interface.
`----

http://www.informationweek.com/cloud-computing/blog/archives/2009/10/avoid_trap_of_p.html

Cloud Computing. Does it have any value at all?

,----[ Quote ]
| I stand on the point that security and control of
| the data MUST be closely watched. Once your data
| is on their servers, it is vulnerable not only to
| hackers trying to get at a successful businesses
| assets, but the government can play hardball and
| demand access to that companies data ( which means
| your data) without actually serving you with a
| warrant prior to having said data.
`----

http://linuxgeeksunited.blogspot.com/2009/10/cloud-computing-does-it-have-any-value.html

Days ago:

Cloud Computing: Good or Bad for Open Source?

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.linuxjournal.com/content/cloud-computing-good-or-bad-open-source