[News] Telecom AstroTurf Gone Botched

Dear Lobbyists: When Crafting Astroturf Letters, Remember To Do
A Search & Replace On XYZ Corp.

,----[ Quote ]
| In researching this further, Karl also can't
| find any other evidence that the Arkansas
| Retired Seniors exist. Separately, he found
| another mistake by the lobbyists when it sent a
| different anti-net neutrality letter from
| Grumman Shipbuilding (ship builders against
| neutrality?). This one wasn't as egregious, but
| the lobbyists forgot to remove the header info
| that says "Governor/PUC Letters to FCC on Net
| Neutrality" with the neat little classification
| system the lobbyists use: "Letter 2: Specific
| to Investment and Employment." Wonder what the
| original header for XYZ organization was?
`----

http://techdirt.com/articles/20091022/1204566640.shtml

Yes Men Pull Off Chamber Of Commerce Hoax On Climate Change (VIDEO)

,----[ Quote ]
| Political performance artists, The Yes Men,
| have taken credit for today's prank, in which
| they posed as Chamber of Commerce officials
| pushing for comprehensive climate change
| legislation. In a statement from the group
| offered hours after a fake press conference was
| held at the National Press Club and a fake
| press release was sent out under the Chamber's
| name...
`----

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/10/19/chamber-of-commerce-hoax_n_326069.html

Recent:

AT&T Asks Employees To Hide AT&T Affiliation While Protesting Net Neutrality Laws

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://techdirt.com/articles/20091020/1054406603.shtml