[News] Disney Meets DRM Outrage, Net Neutrality Risk Strikes Again

  • Subject: [News] Disney Meets DRM Outrage, Net Neutrality Risk Strikes Again
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 24 Oct 2009 20:56:19 +0100
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Disney's Keychest: Is Giving Back Your Fair Use Rights With More DRM Really A Step Forward?

,----[ Quote ]
| So, kudos to Disney for recognizing that people
| hate having to buy the same content over and
| over again and hate being limited on what
| devices they can view content on... but,
| creating a new, more permissive DRM solution,
| just to give back some of an individual's fair
| use rights, isn't really a huge win.
`----

http://techdirt.com/articles/20091022/1232356641.shtml

Big Internet carriers win right to manage traffic

,----[ Quote ]
| Canada's big Internet carriers have scored a
| major victory, as the telecommunication
| regulator ruled it is okay for them to slow
| down some of the Web traffic travelling to
| customers' personal computers â as long as the
| companies explain ahead of time what they are
| doing.
`----

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/technology/big-internet-carriers-win-right-to-manage-traffic/article1332984/

Spanish net neutrality definition

,----[ Quote ]
| A Spanish colleague sent me this ânet
| neutralityâ definition from a Spanish law:
|
|     Citizens have the right to not suffer in
|     their digital sent or received data any
|     kind of manipulation, distortion,
|     prevention, diversion, priorization or
|     delay.