[News] Google Speaks About Its Desktop GNU/Linux Distribution

  • Subject: [News] Google Speaks About Its Desktop GNU/Linux Distribution
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 27 Oct 2009 07:56:05 +0000
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Google gives hints about Chrome OS

,----[ Quote ]
| The vice president of product management at
| Google has said in an interview at the Web
| 2.0 Summit in San Francisco that the Chrome
| OS will be designed in light of the best
| features of the Chrome browser.
|
| "Chrome has been doing very well for us,"
| Sundar Pichai said, adding the browser has
| about 30 million users worldwide a year
| after a release.
`----

http://www.smartcompany.com.au/information-technology/20091026-google-gives-hints-about-chrome-os.html

Chrome OS: A World Without Installs

,----[ Quote ]
| In talking at the Web 2.0 Summit, Sundar
| Pichai, VP of product management at Google,
| mentioned how apps that work on the web
| will work in Chrome OS, adding, "As a user,
| you don't install software, you don't
| maintain software."
`----

http://webtrends.about.com/b/2009/10/23/chrome-os-a-world-without-installs.htm

Recent:

First Look At Browser That Will Be Included in Google Chrome OS

,----[ Quote ]
| On Monday, a mysterious Chrome OS folder
| appeared in that dayâs newest Chromium build
| for Mac. The folder, which was compatible with
| Linux only, has been removed by Google.
`----

http://erictric.com/technology/first-look-at-browser-that-will-be-included-in-google-chrome-os

A First Glimpse Of Chrome OS In The Flesh

,----[ Quote ]
| It would seem that the result is the browser
| aspect of Chrome OS running inside of Linux.
| As you can see in the screenshots below, it
| looks very similar to Chrome, the browser, on
| Windows (still the only officially released
| version of Chrome), but there are some key
| differences.
`----

http://www.techcrunch.com/2009/10/13/a-first-glimpse-of-chrome-os-in-the-flesh-at-least-the-browser-part/

Chrome OS Peeks Out Its Head A Bit Further. And What Is The Touchpad?

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.techcrunch.com/2009/10/12/chrome-os-peaks-out-its-head-a-bit-further-and-what-is-the-touchpad/