[News] Metallica Pinball Table Runs GNU/Linux

  • Subject: [News] Metallica Pinball Table Runs GNU/Linux
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 27 Oct 2009 07:57:40 +0000
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Crafting a custom Metallica pinball table with Linux, love

,----[ Quote ]
| What does it take to create a pinball machine
| for the biggest metal band in the world?
| Custom art, Linux programming, and a whole
| lot of love. Here is the Metallica pinball
| machine.
`----

http://arstechnica.com/gaming/news/2009/10/metal-on-metal-behind-the-scenes-on-a-custom-pinball-game.ars

Zoom 1.6 Makes Linux Performance Tuning Easier Than Ever

,----[ Quote ]
| Zoom is an essential performance analysis
| tool for all Linux developers and users.
| Version 1.5 features several enhancements to
| help increase programmer productivity and
| optimize Linux application performance. This
| reduces costs by making software faster and
| more energy efficient. Zoom is available for
| $199 (USD) and offers a free 30-day
| evaluation period.
`----

http://www.linuxpr.com/releases/11707.html

Related:

Metallica OK With New Album Being Pirated?

,----[ Quote ]
| In a display of hypocrisy that seems like it could almost be taken directly
| out of a lyrical interpretation of a track from Metallica's own "...And
| Justice for All" album, the band's drummer and well-known music piracy
| combatant, Lars Ulrich, has now said that he doesn't care if Metallica's new
| album is pirated.
`----

http://www.webpronews.com/topnews/2008/09/04/metallica-ok-with-new-album-being-pirated

Metallica Changes Download Tune

,----[ Quote ]
| "We've been observing Radiohead and Trent Reznor and in twenty-seven years or
| however long it takes for the next record, we'll be looking forward to
| everything in terms of possibilities with the Internet." Fans were less than
| sympathetic when the band took a stand for art (and for art money) by suing
| Napster. Fans generally felt Metallica had enough money already and that
| their unrequited love for the band's brand of metal shouldn't be repaid by
| quashing their ability to share it with others.
`----

http://www.webpronews.com/topnews/2008/04/28/metallica-changes-download-tune

Lars Ulrich suggests Metallica could follow Radiohead

`----

http://www.news.com/8301-10784_3-9929031-7.html?part=rss&subj=news&tag=2547-1_3-0-20