[News] [Rival] Vista 7 Leads to "Flood of Complaints"; Vista 7 Slows Down a Lot Within Weeks

  • Subject: [News] [Rival] Vista 7 Leads to "Flood of Complaints"; Vista 7 Slows Down a Lot Within Weeks
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 27 Oct 2009 09:23:24 +0000
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Digital River makes total hash of Windows 7 upgrade offer

,----[ Quote ]
| Microsoft has been flooded with complaints
| from hundreds of disgruntled university
| bods who have struggled to download or
| successfully install Windows 7 files
| supplied by Digital River.
`----

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2009/10/26/microsoft_windows_7_digital_river_headache/

Windows 7 - The Reg reader review redux

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2009/10/25/windows_7_reader_reviews_redux/

Subject: Tried Win7, nothing interesting.

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.linuxtoday.com/news_story.php3?ltsn=2009-10-26-002-39-OP-DT-MS-0000

Subject: Re: Tried Win7, nothing interesting.

,----[ Quote ]
| But the biggest blow came when I played a
| while with the OS. After a while I realised
| I was just sitting in front of the screen
| with a blank stare. There was nothing
| exiting about it! No "WOW" feeling at all.
| When I first tried XP I felt interested.
| And now I have a feeling saying "well - it
| runs... so what?". Maybe I am spoiled with
| things like Mandriva 2009.1 and KDE4, but I
| did not feel the smallest bit of enthusiasm
| or excitement when I got Windows 7 running.
`----

http://www.linuxtoday.com/news_story.php3?ltsn=2009-10-26-002-39-OP-DT-MS-0003

Windows 7 Roundup: A Must Read for All Buyers

,----[ Quote ]
| Reuters reminds us that, âLike Windows 7,
| Vista got good reviews too: As Microsoft
| Corpâs Windows 7 release approaches, early
| reviews are generally positive. But so were
| reviews for Windows Vista just before its
| launchâ. Vista got high marks before its
| release as well, with writers back then
| praising a new visual design â and glossing
| over quirks that later became common
| gripes.
`----

http://www.hungry-hackers.com/2009/10/windows-seven-round-up-a-must-read-for-all-buyers.html

Is Windows 7 the Greatest OS Ever? Let Me Count the Ways

,----[ Quote ]
| Given that Windows XP users outnumber
| Windows Vista users almost 4 to 1, and that
| three out of four users still use the older
| version of Windows, the reigning champ in
| this area has to be Windows XP.
|
| The bottom line though is that only you can
| determine what is the best operating system
| for you. Determining the âbest' operating
| system is, in fact, a matter of subjective
| opinion. Surveys and statistics may be
| useful, but what matters is how it works
| for you to do what you want a computer
| operating system to do.
|
| It is too early to measure Windows 7
| against most of the factors I listed, but I
| do think given time it could emerge as the
| best version of Windows and maybe even the
| best operating system.
`----

http://www.pcworld.com/businesscenter/article/174320/is_windows_7_the_greatest_os_ever_let_me_count_the_ways.html

Recent: