[News] [Rival] Vista 7 Uselessness Leads to Thoughts About GNU/Linux Migration

  • Subject: [News] [Rival] Vista 7 Uselessness Leads to Thoughts About GNU/Linux Migration
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 27 Oct 2009 09:24:39 +0000
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

I Canât Think of a Good Reason to Upgrade to Windows 7 â Maybe Iâve Migrated Completely to the Cloud?

,----[ Quote ]
| The only appealing thing, for me, about
| Windows 7 is that reports have indicated
| that it is generally faster than Vista. But
| why not go with a free alternative like
| Linux? I could easily download and install
| a Linux distribution today, for free, and
| it would probably run just as fast, if not
| faster than Windows 7. So what am I really
| paying for with a Windows 7 upgrade? Speed
| over Microsoftâs previous OS? Why not just
| just as fast for the most part?
`----

http://www.notebooks.com/2009/10/24/i-cant-think-of-a-good-reason-to-upgrade-to-windows-7-maybe-ive-migrated-completely-to-the-cloud/

Perceptions Against F/OSS and the Advent of [Vista 7]

,----[ Quote ]
| Honestly, I am suspicious. Then again, if
| youâre one whoâd be likely to think that
| itâs better to risk the ire of a seemingly
| small group of users of Linux than to risk
| your business then itâs your decision. But
| please back it up with better reasoning
| than âWindows helps you quickly and easily
| get online and connect to your devices and
| services â without dealing with an
| unfamiliar environment or major
| compatibility issues.â If youâve got
| someone who was using Windows XP switching
| over to Vista or Windows 7, things will be
| different. It looks somewhat familiar but
| not quite. Not everythingâs the same as
| before.
|
| So yeah, with the advent of Windows 7 I am
| expecting more FUD against Linux and free
| and open source software in general. But I
| know that the community is improving on the
| kernel as well as the distros and the other
| applications that come with it.
`----

http://www.everyjoe.com/newlinuxuser/perceptions-against-foss-and-the-advent-of-windows-7/

Windows 7 versus Ubuntu: Operating System War

,----[ Quote ]
| This is most discussed issue between the
| two operating systems.  No doubt Windows 7
| boots faster than Vista, but Ubuntu 9.10
| has a breezy boot up.
`----

http://blog.taragana.com/index.php/archive/windows-7-versus-ubuntu-operating-system-war/

Recent: