Re: More Dell Support of Ubuntu GNU/Linux, More Good News

____/ Justin on Monday 26 Oct 2009 06:15 : \____

> yuhong wrote:
>> On Oct 19, 5:34 pm, Roy Schestowitz <newsgro...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>> wrote:
>>>
>>> ____/ 7 on Sunday 18 Oct 2009 10:49 : \____

>>> It turns out that they refund Windows tax at Dell now. It was in The
>>> Register today.
>>>
>>> Dell shouldn't wait any longer. It should just invest in implementingLinux
>>> /properly/ on desktops and laptops, then advertise. It would sell well!
>> Yep, I wonder when Dell will begin preinstalling 9.10, since it is due
>> for release in a week or less.
>
> Sometime after never.
>
> Do you have any idea what Microsoft will do if any vendor starts selling
> Linux en masse?  Pull their licenses, stop offering special pricing.
> MS would retaliate, Dell would sue.

"We should whack them [Dell over GNU/Linux dealings], we should
make sure they understand our value."
			--Paul Flessner, Microsoft

- --
		~~ Best of wishes

everytime you say things like this i just think of that cult of people
who send around .doc files. i dont want to communicate with people who
talk in .doc format, but they do not wish to use something else, so
they discredit those without word. --Ed, c.o.l.a.
roy      pts/0        :0               Sat Oct 24 01:17   still logged in